FREE SHIPPING When you spend over $100
FREE SHIPPING When you spend over $100
Health & Wellbeing
October 02, 2023
We’ve been there – acne affects millions of people worldwide. It is a skin condition that occurs when hair follicles become clogged by sebum, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Sometimes resulting in scarring, it can be uncomfortable or even painful and impact self-esteem. It is also very common both in teenagers and adults. In fact, 25% of adult men and 50% of adult women experience acne. Whether you are dealing with the occasional break-out or persistent hormonal acne, understanding the cause of the issue, and adopting techniques for managing your skin are vital.
1. Hands Off: As tempting as it may be, don’t pick or squeeze your breakouts! Squeezing or picking increases the likelihood of scarring. In fact, try to keep your hands off your face altogether as you can inadvertently spread bacteria and oil, which can further inflame skin.
2. Use a Gentle Cleaner: Using the right products is a vital part of treating acne. A good start to any acne-care regime is a gentle cleanser. Our recommendations include Dermal Therapy’s Acne Control Wash, which is a super gentle foaming cleanser that maintains the skin’s natural microbiome and is free from salicylic acid, peroxides, bleach, soap, SLS or oil. La Clinica’s Clear Skin Anti Blemish Face Wash is another product highlight for gentle cleansing. This soap-free foaming facial wash gel can also be used as a shampoo and body wash.
3. Moisturize: It might seem counterintuitive but keeping acne-prone skin hydrated is crucial to overall skin health. This means keeping yourself hydrated by drinking water and applying a good moisturising lotion. We recommend Dermal Therapy’s Acne Control Lotion because of its intense hydrating hyaluronic acid and aloe vera; innovative anti-scar formula; and pigmentation treating niacinamide and bakuchiol to lighten spots and pigmentation. For intense spot treatment (just for use on the break-out area itself) try Dermal Therapy’s Acne Spot Cream to complete your Dermal Therapy skincare regimen, or La Clinica’s Clear Skin Intensive Spot Serum.
4. Know Your Products: Look for skincare designed with acne-prone skin in mind. Keep an eye out for “non-comedogenic” products (meaning they are designed not to clog or block pores). If in doubt, keep it simple! We recommend Dermal Therapy’s Acne Control Kit, which is a simple three step skincare set that takes the worry out of planning your regimen.
5. Protect Against the Sun: Make sure to wear a sunscreen whenever you are out in the sun. Sunburn damages skin in various ways and can also lead to breakouts, so always make sure to slip, slop, slap!
Living with acne-prone skin can be frustrating but implementing these five simple tips will set your skin up for any breakouts to come! Please see below for a comprehensive list of our acne-prone favs.
Dermal Therapy’s Acne Control Wash
Dermal Therapy’s Acne Control Lotion
Dermal Therapy’s Acne Spot Cream
Dermal Therapy’s Acne Control Kit
La Clinica's Clear Skin Anti Blemish Face Wash
La Clinica's Clear Skin Intensive Spot Serum
Medical Advice Disclaimer / DISCLAIMER: This website does not provide medical advice.
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Many people suffer with scalp problems, leading to dryness, itching, and flaky dandruff. Symptoms can be alleviated by understanding their causes and implementing some practical tips.
June 13 – 19th 2022 is Men’s Health Week, an important week to bring awareness to and help men get on top of their biggest asset – their health.
Excessive sweating can be a challenge to get under control. However, by implementing these tips and tricks you’ll be able to embrace comfort and confidently move through your daily life without being hindered by worrying about excess sweat.